In Australia and other countries in the southern hemisphere we are now a few days into autumn while in the USA, Canada and Europe it is almost spring. These mid seasons are often a favourite because the temperatures can be very mild and comfortable and are a period of shedding for the spring climate and a period of preparation for the colder months ahead.
The change of seasons is a great time to commit yourself to a Reboot and make those changes you may have been putting off. Whether you have completed a Reboot before or whether you haven’t taken the plunge yet, it’s a great time to do this. A Reboot will help you to break the cycle of unhealthy eating by increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables.
In Australia and other southern hemisphere countries, March and autumn (fall) is a great time to prepare for the cooler months ahead and plan a Reboot.
An Autumn Reboot is great for:
- To reduce and avoid the incidence of colds and flu’s and strengthen your immune system.
- Rebooting before the weather becomes too cool can help prepare you for the months ahead where comfort eating and heavier foods are more commonly consumed.
- Resetting your taste buds before these coming months can help reduce winter cravings and may reduce possible weight gain during winter.
- Winter can also be a time of the year where people may reduce their activity, less exercising after hours due to darker cooler afternoons, evenings and mornings. It can be too easy to curl up in bed or on the lounge where you are warm when you know you should be getting out for that walk, bike ride, yoga class or to the gym. This is where preparing for these slower more sedentary times can help reduce any unwanted weight gain and feelings of sluggishness. Fruits and vegetables may also help your exercise performance.
- It is important to still consume lighter salad type vegetables during winter, if you are in the habit of consuming many fruits and vegetables in preparation you are more likely to continue eating more healthful during these cooler months.
- After the summer period, Christmas and the New Year are often celebrated with too many parties, family gatherings, treat foods, alcohol and much more. Therefore this is the perfect time to reset, recharge and reboot.
- If your New Year’s resolutions have unfortunately fallen by the wayside, this can help you get back on track.
Here are some great recipes to warm you up in the cooler months ahead! Unfortunately winter can also be a period where depression can worsen or occur due to less sunlight hours, this is called seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Learn more about how fruits and vegetables may help fight depression.
In the US and everywhere else in the Northern hemisphere you are quickly approaching spring, I hear cheers all around! This is an excellent time to do that spring clean that you may have found difficult to do in the colder (freezing!!!) weather. Getting ready for the warmer months with a cleanse and shifting any comfort weight that may have accumulated after eating perhaps too many comfort foods and heavy meals that are commonly consumed in the winter period. Spring is a time to start shedding and a perfect time to get moving.
A Spring Reboot is great for:
- Jumpstarting a weight loss plan after any unwanted weight gain during the winter months.
- Resetting your cravings for healthier lighter meals.
- To give your skin a great glow with all the natural carotenoids for the coming warmer months. A study found that fruits and vegetables can make us more attractive.
- Increased energy levels for the more active months ahead.
- Improved digestion after those stodgy winter meals.
- Spring is also a time where seasonal allergies can rear their ugly head, a Reboot can help reduce those sneezes and itchy eyes, here is more on allergies and how a Reboot can help!
- Springtime cleanses are highly recommended in many traditional cultures due to the body’s natural seasonal rhythms – here is more on Why Detox?
Here are some great spring recipes for you to try – seven perfect juices for spring!
Here at Reboot we also offer Guided Reboot plans that provide support with a Reboot Coach in a small, private group to help you reach your health goals.
Happy Rebooting and do your best to stay healthy all season (fall or spring) long!