Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite veggies, so I’m excited to share a new way to prepare them! Usually brussels sprouts are cooked, but this recipe you will actually eat them raw. You will be surprised at how delicious raw brussels sprouts can be when they are combined with a tad bit of dressing to take away some of their bitterness. Brussels sprouts are part of the cruciferous vegetable family, a family of vegetables that are packed with anti-cancer and liver cleansing properties.
- 2 cups (200 g) Brussels sprouts, shaved
- ½ apple, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds or vegan parmesan
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Holding the Brussels sprouts by the stem, slice Brussels sprouts very thinly either using a knife or a grater, put all Brussels into a bowl.
- Wash and slice the apple and add to the Brussels sprouts and toss together.
- In a separate dish, mix together the ingredients for the dressing and toss over the salad, then using a spoon or tongs, mix the salad thoroughly with the dressing.
- Optional to add slivered almonds or vegan parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.