Serve this super simple tasty dish as an addition to a healthy meal, or even as a meal by itself. The chickpeas are a good source of plant-based protein as well as a source of iron, folate, potassium, and fiber. When paired with the garlic, tomatoes and spinach, the garbanzo beans are tasty and flavorful.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup chickpeas, washed and drained (if canned)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan for about two minutes, then when the pan is warm add the chopped garlic stirring occasionally for approximately two more minutes.
- When the garlic is slightly browned add the tomatoes to the pan, then reduce the heat to medium/low and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add garbanzo beans, allowing them to cook with the tomatoes and garlic for another 5 minutes or until warm.
- Finally, add spinach and cover, allowing spinach to wilt for another 2 minutes.
- When the spinach is wilted, remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.