I love juicing. I started juicing 10 months ago and since then, I have dropped a total of 80 lbs./36 kg! I’m happy to say that I’ve been able to maintain my current weight at 205 lbs./93 kg. for the past two months thanks to all the juicing.
Not only is the scale a new number, but my good cholesterol is up and bad cholesterol is down; blood sugar levels are perfect; no more being on the edge of pre-diabetes; I don’t take any pills; and life is good! After just turning 50 years old, I am pretty much the healthiest that I have ever been.
In order to keep my taste buds happy and satisfied, I like to experiment with new juices using a variety of vegetables and fruits. For my 30 Day Reboot, I held fast to the Reboot Golden Rule: 80% vegetables and 20% fruit but after it ended I have tried many different ratios and many different color combinations.
While these experiments are fun and delicious, I keep coming back to green juices! They just do something for me. They just seem to keep me going forever! I think my weight dropped the most when I was drinking green juice only. I think that’s due to the extreme concentration of phytonutrients I was consuming. My body was being fueled with the nutrients, vitamins and minerals needed to function properly so I never felt hungry. My body was constantly satisfied.
Thanks to my love of everything green, I came up with this delicious green juice recipe. Try it for yourself and let me know if it makes you feel as good as I do after I drink it!
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small handful of parsley
- 2 handfuls of leafy greens (kale (Tuscan cabbage), spinach, chard (silverbeet), etc.)
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 handful of grapes
- 1 apple
- 1/4 lime (peeling is optional but I left the peel on for more zest in the juice.
- 1 oz wheatgrass (1/2 tsp wheatgrass powder) * optional
- 1/2 tsp spiraling powder (If you are using a centrifugal juicer put your juice in a blender if you want to add powder) * optional
- Wash all ingredients well.
- Add all ingredients through juicer.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.