Light to drink with a little touch of sour makes this juice a winner. The pomelo grapefruit and the lime give it its sour kick while adding ice to the juice and blending it certainly gives the juice a great cooling element with a thicker consistency. You can try adding ice to any juices to help you ease into a juice recipe that you may not love right away, or of course when the weather is warm like it is here in Australia at the moment! If you enjoy grapefruit, then make sure you try out another recent grapefruit-based juice: Immune-Boosting Grapefruit Juice.
- 1/2 pomelo grapefruit
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 apple
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 lime
- 1 handful of ice
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the grapefruit and lime (optional for a less bitter taste – I never peel though!).
- Juice all ingredients.
- Place juice in a blender with the ice, then blend until smooth.
- Pomelo grapefruit – yellow or ruby grapefruit, orange
- Cucumber – celeriac root, zucchini
- Apple – pear, orange
- Celery – celeriac root, zucchini
- Lime – lemon
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.