Fruits and vegetables offer an amazing long list of health benefits due to their amazing phytonutrient content. Many juice recipes help improve specific health ailments, like the juice for joint pain, one for type 2 diabetes, and one that’s thyroid-friendly! When it comes to weight loss, this is a blend that certainly supports your goals to shed a few pounds.
Here are the nutrient-dense fruits, veggies and herbs that make this juice ideal for weight loss.
- Pineapple for its anti-inflammatory benefits and sleep enhancing benefits (which supports weight loss) while also offering a slight sweetness
- Kale and lettuce for its amazing mineral and chlorophyll content for energy and plant protein
- Ginger and chilli for its metabolic stimulating and blood sugar stabilizing effects
- Parsley and celery for its mineral content, alkalising effects along with its fluid retention reducing effects
- Turmeric for the anti-inflammatory and liver detoxification support
- Lemon improves insulin sensitivity thus blood sugar balance and liver support.
- 1/4 pineapple
- 4 kale leaves
- 2 celery stalks
- 4 large leaves of lettuce
- 1 handful of flat parsley
- 1 handful of curly parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of turmeric
- 1-2 chilli’s
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the pineapple and lemon (optional).
- Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
- Pineapple – pear, apple
- Kale – spinach, chard (silverbeet)
- Lettuce – other varieties, spinach, chard
- Parsley – mint, basil
- Lemon – grapefruit, lime
- Ginger – turmeric
- Turmeric – ginger
- Chilli – cayenne pepper, jalapenos
- Celery – cucumber, celeriac root
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.