Looking for a festive juice that’s full of antioxidants and other immune supportive compounds? This vibrant green juice tastes tart and also has a bit of protein thanks to the broccoli stalk. Broccoli is a great juice ingredient and as a cruciferous veggie can help support the liver’s natural detoxification processes. If you want a healthier base to mix alcohol for your next celebration, try adding 1.5-2 oz of tequila, vodka or a spirit of your choice to this juice. You could even salt the rim of the glass for an authentic feel that’s about one-third of the calories! Not only will your waistline thank you, but the influx of vitamin C, B vitamins, and minerals including calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus will fill you up with nutrients. Learn more about the do’s and don’ts of drinking alcohol.
- 1 medium pear
- ½ medium green apple
- 1 lime, peeled
- 2 cups (60 grams) spinach
- 1 broccoli stalk
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece of ginger (add more as desired)
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel lime.
- Add all ingredients through the juicer, starting with spinach.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
- Add liquor and salt the rim as desired.
- Pear – more green apple, celery, cucumber
- Broccoli stalk – cauliflower, green cabbage
- Green apple – another variety of apple
- Lime – lemon
- Ginger – turmeric
- Spinach – kale, chard (silverbeet), romaine (cos)
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.