A green juice, like this one, is always a winner because it contains high amounts of minerals including magnesium, calcium, manganese and iron. They’re also loaded with vitamins such as vitamin K and B, and when you include lemons you’re getting a healthy dose of vitamin C . The pears are high in soluble fiber (learn more about fiber in juice) so this mix can be quite filling and very satisfying.
- 6 swiss chard (silverbeet) leaves and stems
- 2 large pears
- 1 lemon
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel lemon (optional).
- Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy.
- Swiss Chard – Kale, spinach, lettuce, broccoli
- Pear – apple, kiwi fruit, pineapple, honeydew (green melon)
- Lemon – lime, grapefruit
- Ginger – basil, mint
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.