- 2 1/2 cups (250 g) raw organic walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp of puremaple syrup
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional: Add spread to sliced and cored apples, toast, cucumbers and celery and top with goji berries, toasted coconut, raisins (2 Tbsp. of each).
- Preheat oven to 300 F/150C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the walnuts with 2 Tbsp. of maple syrup on the baking sheet. Put in the oven for about 15 min or until lightly toasted.
- Remove walnuts from the oven, let cool. When cool add to food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy (resembling a peanut or almond butter). Scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once smooth and creamy add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Process to combine and taste. Adjust salt/maple syrup to taste if needed.
- Spread Maple-Walnut Butter on top of desired snack (aka Apple Bagels), and top with toasted coconut, raisins and goji berries.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 7g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.