Perhaps one of the most simple salads to make — and also one of the most beautiful and delicious. The bite of the arugula (rocket) is softened with a touch of olive oil and lemon, then sweetened with the grapefruit, then juxtaposed with the shaved fennel. Add a little crunch with those pine nuts and your taste buds are in heaven. Serve it as a first course and feel free to add a little healthy protein for a heartier meal, and you’ve got yourself an A+ dinner.
- 2 large handfuls of arugula (rocket)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved on a mandoline, or cut thinly with a knife
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and quartered
- 1 small handful of pine nuts
- drizzle of balsamic glaze
1. In a bowl, massage arugula with olive oil and lemon juice with your hands until well-coated, then plate.
2. Add fennel, grapefruit and pine nuts on top.
3. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve!
See this recipe on TVDinner.com.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.