Oatmeal makes for a perfect and cozy breakfast on a cool fall or winter morning. This twist on classic oatmeal not only makes it really tasty, but also nutritious. The added almond butter brings healthy fat and some protein to the recipe, while the banana brings potassium, and the pumpkin brings fiber. And to finish off the recipe– a dash of pumpkin pie spice makes it even tastier!
To mix it up try adding cashew or peanut butter in place of almond butter, or try adding cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice.
The nutrition info is based on the ingredients above. This makes 1 -2 servings.
- 1 cup (200 g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 2 tbsp organic canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1/2 ripe banana cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash of sea salt
- Add water and a dash of sea salt then bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the rolled oats and lower heat to medium/low, stirring every few minutes.
- After about 15 minutes the oats will become more cooked and the mixture will be less watery, at this point add the banana, pumpkin and almond butter and stir thoroughly.
- After about 2 more minutes remove dish from heat, pour into bowl adding pumpkin pie spice and cranberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 - 2
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 12g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.