Feel like something purple and red? Well here it is! This juice is PACKED with antioxidants — the purple pigment in purple carrots come from an antioxidant flavonoid compound called anthocyanin that will scavenge free radicals and may reduce inflammation and may help prevent cancer, heart disease and other chronic degenerative diseases, and may also provide anti-aging benefits. These carrots have a sweeter taste than the regular carrot and have been around since 2000BC. Wow! Of course you can use orange carrots if you can’t find purple ones.
- 1 beet (beetroot)
- 1 purple carrot
- 1 cup (150 g) strawberries
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 celery sticks
- Wash all ingredients.
- Peel the blood oranges and the beet.
- Chop produce to fit through juicer.
- Juice all ingredients and enjoy!
- Beet – golden beets, carrot, sweet potato
- Purple carrot – carrot, sweet potato, golden beets
- Strawberries – berries
- Blood orange – orange, apple
- Celery – cucumber, Celeriac root, lettuce, zucchini, watercress, spinach
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.