This refreshing spring smoothie is light, tasty, and packed with nutrients. The base of fresh or frozen berries provides a good source of vitamin C and antioxidants, while the flax and hemp add healthy protein, healthy fat, and fiber. Antioxidant-rich goji berries are also a highlight of this smoothie and adds a nice crunch as the garnish. This smoothie makes for a great breakfast, or post-workout recovery drink as it provides extra protein and carbohydrates for muscle repair. For added flavor try garnishing with cinnamon!
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 – 2 cups (125 – 250 ml) almond milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp hemp hearts (hemp protein can be substituted)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1-2 tbsp goji berries
- 1-2 tbsp rolled oats
- Add ingredients through blender, blending until smooth.
- Add goji berries and rolled oats for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.