I spotted lots of fabulous produce this week…and some super large turnips that I’ve been mixing in with sweet potato mash so I thought I would try it in a juice! It’s peppery and has a strong flavor so use it to your liking and taste as you juice. Turnips are a wonderful health food that contain many beneficial compounds and magical powers for the reduction of many types of cancer. This vegetable also contains nitrates that are known to be helpful in the reduction of high blood pressure while it also supports weight loss and liver detoxification pathways. Not to mention it’s also high in potassium, Vitamin C and fiber. Enjoy!
- 2 red apples
- 1 large beet (beetroot)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small turnip
- 1 lemon
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the beet, turnip and lemon and core the apples.
- Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
- Red apples – green apples, pear
- Beet – sweet potato, carrot, radishes
- Carrot – sweet potato, beet
- Turnip – celery, cucumber
- Lemon – lime, grapefruit
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.