All in the Halloween theme (it’s only 5 days away so you better have your costumes ready!), I have made a super antioxidant nutrient dense juice that’s got a perfect combination of sweet, sour and hot with a beautiful glowing red color. I love everything in the citrus family and these blood oranges are quite a beauty. They have the added antioxidants called anthocyanins which gives it, its rich red colour. The chili also adds a spicy element, this juice is sure to warm you up and scare any colds or bugs away.
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 carrots
- 1 large beet (beetroot)
- ½ ruby grapefruit
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the orange and grapefruit.
- Add all ingredients through the juicer and enjoy!
- Blood orange – orange, mandarin, tangelo
- Carrot – purple carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin
- Beet – purple carrot, red radish, pumpkin, golden beets
- Ruby Grapefruit – grapefruit, lemon, lime
- Ginger – turmeric
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.