Smoothies are refreshing, a great way to pack in lots of nutrients, and extremely portable so you can take them with you on the go. This smoothie is loaded with superfoods including chia seeds, goji berries, spinach and blueberries that are all rich sources of phytonutrients (plant-based nutrients), fiber, and antioxidants. It’s also a good source of healthy fat and protein thanks to the hemp, chia, and flaxseeds. Try this tasty spring smoothie for breakfast, as an addition to a light lunch, or as a snack.
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 mango
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tbsp goji berries for garnish (optional)
1. Wash mango, blueberries and spinach. Remove mango skin.
2. Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender. add to blender, and blend for 45 – 60 seconds, until smooth.
3. Sprinkle goji berries on top, serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.