The weather is warming up here in Australia and it is particularly hot today, so it’s a great time to enjoy an island holiday type smoothie (or before the weather cools too much if you’re starting to get into more autumn weather). This smoothie is high in fiber, particularly resistant starch if you choose to add in a slightly green banana or a plantain. Resistant starch is excellent for gut health! Enjoy.
- 1/2 cup/125 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup/125 ml water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup/75 g blueberries
- 1/8 fresh pineapple (or ½ cup of frozen pineapple)
- 1/2 frozen banana (optional to use a slightly green banana)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 handful of ice 1-2 tsp. rice malt or maple syrup (optional)
- Wash all produce well.
- Remove rind and chop the pineapple.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Blueberries – raspberries, cherries, blackberries
- Pineapple – pear, mango
- Banana – plantain, avocado
- Coconut milk – almond milk, coconut water, rice milk or any other preferred non-dairy milk
- Rice Malt /Maple Syrup – honey, dates
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat6 g
- Saturated Fat3.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium95 mg
- Carbohydrates41 g
- Fiber6 g
- Sugars26 g
- Protein 3 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.