It’s National Mushroom Month this September so this is a perfect excuse to get in the kitchen and make a favorite mushroom recipe using our tried and true cashew cream recipe. Mushrooms have been touted as miraculous and magical and while those words tend to be used as exaggerated health claims there are loads of nutritional benefits backed up by scientific evidence that mushrooms can proudly proclaim.
Mushrooms have wellness promoting nutrients like Vitamin D, immune supportive properties which may help white blood cells, reduce risk of certain cancers – check out this free webinar for more info on mushrooms from the National Cancer Institute (USA). Mushrooms go far beyond the white buttons. Get creative with shiitake, maiitake, reishi types at the grocery store which have long been used in traditional medicine across the globe for a long list of ailments.
These stuffed mushrooms are easy to make and a favorite I like to bring to fall parties and school functions. Vegan, gluten and dairy free they make a healthy side dish or snack.
- 12 mushrooms, I used baby bella
- 1/4 cup cashew cream (get the recipe)
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 177 C.
- Make the savory cashew cream.
- Wash mushrooms and parsley, and remove stems from mushrooms.
- Spoon in cashew cream.
- Top with parsley and olive oil, save some parsley for garnish after cooking.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Here’s a close up!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.