I love eating tons of fruits and vegetables, but I also love eating chocolate, and I don’t want to feel like I’m sacrificing one to have the other. Hey, I like to have my chocolate and eat it too! So when two Reboot Team members had birthdays last week I knew it was a good opportunity to share one of my favorite indulgences. I made these with all natural ingredients from the earth that are organic and unrefined! A smart sweet like this helps take the “guilt” out of guilty pleasure.
- 24 almonds (a little more than 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil (heaping)
- 1/4 cup (40 g) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) raw honey, or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) almond milk, for smoothness
- Chop half of the almonds into tiny pieces and put in the bottom of the cupcake liners
- If coconut oil is hardened, place it in pan over low heat or alternatively, you can put the coconut oil into a bowl and submerge the bowl in warm water until the oil melts. Note: You may be able to skip this step since sometimes coconut oil will already be in liquid form.
- Combine melted coconut oil, almond milk, cacao, almond butter and honey in a bowl and mix until silky smooth. Add more honey to taste, if needed.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners.
- Add the remaining almonds to tops of cups.
- Place in freezer for at least 60 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.