Chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please! Chocolate can help boost your brain power and still help you start the day in a healthy way. This smoothie bowl blends bananas that offer potassium and magnesium with antioxidant-rich berries and mineral-rich greens. The almond butter supports satiety for good appetite control, lasting well into the lunch hour. You can add protein powder to bump up the protein content on this breakfast bowl. It can also be enjoyed as a snack (or dessert) or you can save it as two small portions for a lighter serving.
- 1 banana (frozen) – I used a frozen green banana for resistant starch
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of almond milk
- Stevia to taste or 1 date
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder
Toppings: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chia seeds, cacao nibs, blueberries or strawberries
- Place all the ingredient s of the smoothie bowl into a high speed blender and blend well.
- Place chocolate mixture into a bowl and top with your desired toppings.
Banana – pineapple
Blueberries – strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, acai
Almond butter – any nut butter
Almond milk – other dairy alternatives
Date – honey or maple syrup
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.