This is a great combination that combines sour citrus with savory celery and sweet carrots! Not only do carrots contain high amounts of carotenoids but they are also contain other phytonutrients called polyacetylenes which include falcarinol and falcarindiol. Several studies have identified these carrot polyacetylenes as phytonutrients that may help inhibit the growth of colon cancer cells. Interestingly these benefits from the polyacetylenes are supported by the carotenoids. Oh, the synergy of nature!
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- Wash all ingredients.
- Peel the orange and lemon.
- Add produce through juicer and enjoy!
- Carrots – sweet potato, golden beets, beets, pumpkin
- Celery – zucchini, celeriac, cucumber
- Orange – tangelo, pink grapefruit, mandarin
- Lemon – yellow grapefruit, lime
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.