Earlier this week I shared a different version of Joe’s Mean Green that had chard leaves instead of kale and celery! Now I’m using chard again because it is such a powerhouse with a very high nutrient content. It is rich in carotenoids such as lutein and zeaxanthin, and it provides a lot of juice which is always a bonus, thanks to its thick stalks. The citrus in this juice adds a light zesty sweet flavour and enhances the chard‘s health benefits and taste. Enjoy!
- 4 chard leaves (plus stems)
- 1 orange
- 1 ruby grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the orange and the grapefruit.
- Peel the lemon (optional or scrub for a more sour taste).
- Chop produce to fit through the juicer.
- Juice and enjoy!
- Swiss chard – Rainbow chard, kale, spinach, lettuce
- Orange – grapefruit, mandarin
- Pink Grapefruit – grapefruit, mandarin, orange
- Lemon – Lime, grapefruit
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.