When it comes to treating myself to something sweet, I’m typically a chocolate fan. I love making healthier versions of chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cups and oreo cookies. But these new protein balls have opened my eyes to a whole new world of sweets beyond chocolate. They even have vegetables in them. These Carrot Cake Protein Balls taste just like the real deal except there’s no flour or added sugar. You can easily make them just by adding everything to a food processor or blender and once they are ready you’ll be satisfying everyone from your vegan friends to those who eat gluten-free. Even the burger lovers will enjoy these. If carrot cake is your thing, you’ll also love our Carrot Cake Juice Recipe.
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 scoop of Reboot with Joe Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Combine the cashews, oats, dates, applesauce, protein powder and spices and add to a food processor or blender until a chunky dough forms.
- Add the shredded carrots, walnuts and pecans until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the shredded coconut to a separate bowl.
- Take a spoonful of dough and roll into individual bite-sized balls (about 1 inch), then roll in the shredded coconut and place on a plate or baking dish.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (in the fridge)
Total time: 50 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.