Cucumbers can really lighten up a strong green juice by adding a light, sweet and mild flavor. They can also lighten up the sugar content when you use cucumbers in place of a fruit. Cucumbers are cost effective for your juicing regimen because they add a heap of juice while providing B vitamins, vitamin K, vitamin A, potassium, magnesium, and calcium! While this juice may sound “too green”, give it a try first! You may be surprised that it contains 140 mg of calcium, 140 mg of magnesium and 1200 mg of potassium (crazy), and tastes good.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 chard leaves, plus stems (silverbeet)
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
1. Wash all produce.
2. Peel lime and orange.
3. Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
- Cucumber – zucchini (courgette)
- Celery – cucumber, zucchini (courgette)
- Chard (Silverbeet) – rainbow chard, kale (Tuscan cabbage), spinach, romaine lettuce (cos)
- Lime – lemon, grapefruit
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.