Fennel is a seasonal bulb-like vegetable that’s loaded with fiber, and nutrients like heart-healthy potassium, brain-healthy folate, energizing vitamin B6, and it’s got great digestive properties too. Fennel has a fresh and crunchy texture and makes for a great addition to salads, side dishes and your favorite classic meals, whether it’s raw or cooked. In this recipe, I wanted something cooked and crunchy, so I turned the fennel into fries. No oil is necessary because leaving it out keeps the fennel fries nice and crunchy. Serve them on their own or with your favorite veggie burger, like these lentil and quinoa burgers.
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Prepare the fennel by washing, removing the tops and slicing the fennel bulb.
- Place the fennel slices on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping once about halfway through.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before serving and sprinkle with sea salt for extra flavor.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.