The great thing about this guacomole is triple fold: 1.) You probably already have these ingredients in your refrigerator, 2.) It’s chockful of heartprotective essential fatty acids and antioxidants such as lycopene, vitamins A, C and E, and 3.) It’s EASY to make! Yes, you need to prep the ingredients, but after that it’s done! Put it in a festive bowl and serve raw veggies or healthy chips alongside at next week’s Super Bowl party. But be sure keep some aside for yourself to enjoy the next day!
- 2 ripe avocadoes, diced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or more if you prefer a lot of heat)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly and prep according to ingredient specifications.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together using a spatula.
- Season to taste.
- To store: Place guacamole in an airtight container. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap on top of the guacamole, sealing out the air. Then put on the container lid. This method will prevent discoloration of the avocado due to oxygenation.
Chef’s Note: I like to keep the avocado diced rather than mashed. Once you mix in all of the ingredients, the avocadoes become the perfect blend of mashed but still chunky.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.