An easy and delicious way to add fruits and vegetables to family meals is by combining them in salads. Fruit and vegetable combinations are delicious and appealing to kids so try this fresh and sweet salad the next time your family needs a boost of nutrients (that they will enjoy eating!).
- 6 cups greens (try a combination of lettuces and hearty greens like spinach, kale (Tuscan cabbage), chard (silverbeet), chicory, arugula (rocket))
- 1 wedge of thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 apple, julienned
- 1/2 -1 cucumber, sliced into half rounds
- 1/3 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 small handful of toasted pistachios (optional)
- 1 teaspoon organic dijon-style mustard
- ½ cup/125 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon juice)
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients on a platter or large salad bowl and toss to mix together and then make your dressing.
Add all ingredients in a jar or small mixing bowl and whisk together until well-combined. Then top over your salad and toss well.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4.5g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.