This tangy juice is loaded with flavor and nutrients. The fennel along with the ginger adds digestive and immune-boosting properties, and the carrots and peppers add electrolytes that can aid with hydration pre- or post-exercise. This juice is light, refreshing, and is lower in sugar, which makes it a good choice for people with pre-diabetes/diabetes or simply for those looking for a lower-sugar juice option.
To jazz this juice up, add extra flavor by adding cayenne pepper or for a lighter taste, add some paprika post-juicing.
- 1/2 fennel bulb (optional to remove stalk and leaves)
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 red bell peppers (capsicum), seeds removed
- 1/2 bunch kale (Tuscan cabbage)
- 2 in (5 cm) piece of fresh ginger root
- Wash all ingredients well.
- Add ingredients through juicer.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.