We’re taking chia pudding to the next level with this recipe. Gone are the days of just adding vanilla, cinnamon and almond milk, enter the days of an exciting, more nutrient-dense bowl of superfoods! The sweet goji berries combined with cacao powder and hazelnuts is a pure delight. The wonderful benefit of chia seeds are their ability to keep you feeling full which prevents overeating. That’s not their only benefit though, here are seven more. When you add liquid to chia seeds it forms into a gelatinous substance due to the high soluble fiber content. And the goji berries? They are a wonderful antioxidant powerhouse and adding these into your diet regularly has many wonderful health benefits. Learn everything you need to know about this beautiful little berry.
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk (in a carton, not a can)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp goji berries
- 4 tbsp hazelnuts, chopped
- Combine milk, honey, cacao powder, vanilla, salt into the blender and blend well.
- Stir in the chia seeds, goji berries and chopped hazelnuts to the milk mixture. Leave a few berries and hazelnuts for the garnish.
- Pour mixture into small dishes, cups or ramekins.
- Top with the extra chopped hazelnuts and goji berries.
- Let them set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Coconut milk – almond milk, hemp milk, rice milk, quinoa milk or coconut water
- Honey – maple syrup, stevia
- Cacao – carob
- Goji berries – currants, cranberries, raisins
- Hazelnuts – almonds, pistachios, macadamia
- Chia seeds – flaxseeds
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.