Consuming extra greens in the diet is so easily done with smoothies and juices. Greens are so important for good health and wellness as they provide numerous beneficial phytonutrients, minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium plus they are higher in plant proteins and fats. Greens also contain Vitamin A, K, C and B vitamins. Change up your typical green smoothie by using figs! Figs are beneficial for their fiber content and have been prescribed to help sluggish bowels.
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- 2 figs (dried or fresh)
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 large handfuls of greens (spinach, kale or romaine (cos))
- 1-2 dates
- ½ lime, squeezed (optional)
- 1 large handful of ice
- Wash all produce well.
- If you are using dried figs it is best to soak this in water for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the pit from the dates and juice the lime.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Fig – berries, pear
- Avocado – banana, pineapple, mango
- Greens – broccoli florets, cucumber, celery
- Dates – honey, maple syrup (1 tsp. per date)
- Coconut water – coconut milk, Almond milk, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.