This is a take on one of my favourite salads! I always love to add one type of fruit and one type of nut into my salads such as strawberries, mangoes, apples or pears with almonds, macadamias, walnuts or any other variety you desire, this gives it great flavour and texture and mixes it up and makes for a more interesting tasty salad or in this case a great smoothie.
- 1-2 pears (depends on your sweet desire)
- 1 celery stick
- 1 large handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) of coconut water
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 handful of walnuts (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp honey (optional – I didn’t add this, the pear was sweet enough!)
- Wash produce and chop pears and celery.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend & pour on ice and enjoy!
- Pear –apple, kiwi
- Celery – zucchini
- Spinach – kale, arugula (rocket), lettuce
- Coconut water – water, coconut milk, almond, rice or oat milk
- Honey – maple syrup, rice malt, date, stevia
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 9g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.