Here is another sweet, green juice with a hint of basil! Basil can really give a recipe a refreshing flavour, you can add as little or as much as you like. I suggest adding a very small amount to find what works for you tasting as you go! Here are more fun facts on pineapple: bromelain, the enzyme found in pineapples, can reduce swelling, bruising, healing time, and pain associated with injury and surgery. So, bottoms up!
- ½ grapefruit
- 1 lime
- ¼ pineapple
- 6 kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel grapefruit and lime (optional).
- Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
- Grapefruit – orange, mandarin, tangelo
- Lime – lemon, grapefruit
- Pineapple – apple, pear, other apple varieties
- Kale – spinach, lettuce, broccoli, bok choy
- Celery – celeriac root, cucumber
- Basil – mint, ginger
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.