Plants are packed with protein too, just like in this green juice. When you juice your fruits and vegetables, you are concentrating the nutrients including the naturally occurring protein content, so some juices (like this one) can have up to 10 g of protein, and that’s before I added Reboot with Joe Protein Powder. I decided to add an additional serving of our protein powder to really give it a great boost. Protein is important for growth and repair of tissues and cells and is also excellent for blood sugar and appetite control – here is more on the benefits of protein ! Enjoy!
- 8 kale (tuscan cabbage) leaves
- 150 g of spinach (2-3 large handfuls)
- 2 swiss chard (silverbeet) leaves and stems
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1 scoop of Reboot with Joe Protein Powder (optional)
- 1 small handful of ice (optional)
1. Wash all produce.
2. Juice the greens and pineapple
3. Add the green juice, the protein powder and ice in a blender.
4. Blend on high until well combined.
- Kale – spinach, lettuce, swiss chard, bok choy
- Spinach – lettuce, bok choy, kale, swiss chard
- Swiss chard – spinach, kale, bok choy, lettuce
- Cucumber – celery, zucchini
- Pineapple – orange, apple, pear
- Reboot Protein Powder – vega protein powder or any other additive free vegan protein powder
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.