Hosting a Super Bowl or Academy Awards party? Or just looking for something to serve to guests at your next gathering? Healthy snacks and dips are key for keeping your guests and you, satisfied and feeling good. This healthy version of guacamole includes avocados rich in anti-inflammatory fats, red bell peppers that are rich in beta carotene, and red onions rich in vitamin B6. Additionally, cayenne pepper in the recipe is good for boosting your metabolism. This guacamole has a spicy and lemony zing and goes well paired with your favorite whole grain chips, or with sliced vegetables.
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped and mashed
- 1 1/2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 baby carrots, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you like spicier)
- Wash all ingredients that are to be chopped and added to the recipe.
- Add all ingredients to mixing or serving bowl.
- Mix ingredients together with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.