Last week was the first ever workday snow that I didn’t have to commute in, and let me tell you…it was soooooooooo nice to be able to stay in, look at the pretty snow, enjoy some warm maple oatmeal, and think about sledding once the sun warmed things up a bit! I pulled Babycakes around the field by our house. She had a blast, and I blasted some calories!!!
Then we came in for some leftover sweet potato fettuccini, and we whipped up some new kale chips.
Introducing: Honey Mustard Kale Chips
Incredibly high in magnesium, calcium, and vitamins A, C, & K, these chips deliver a heavy nutritional punch. They’re light, sweet, crunchy, and soooooooooo good for you! Read Kelly’s full post here.
- 4 – 6 large kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 200 F (100 C) degrees.
- Wash the leaves well then de-stem the kale, and break into small 2″ chunks.
- Toss the kale chunks in the honey and olive oil.
- Sprinkle the mustard and garlic powder on top.
- Stir until evenly covered.
- Lay out flat on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes, flipping pieces halfway through.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.