Lately I’ve been loving toasted seeds, especially pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and sesame seeds. Toasting them adds a nice flavor to cooked and raw veggie dishes, salad dressings, fish and other recipes. But when we see it included in the directions of a recipe, there’s a big misconception that the seed-roasting process can be labor intensive, but in reality it’s super easy. Here’s a quick 10-minute method that will have you toasting those seeds every time.
- 2-3 tbsp seeds (sesame seeds used here)
- Pick the type of seeds you want to toast.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat for about 1 minute, or until the pan is slightly warmed.
- Add the seeds to the warm pan, and stir with a wooden spoon about every minute or so, for about 5-7 minutes or until the seeds are slightly browned.
- Remove the seeds from heat, and add to your dish of choice.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.