Loaded with beets, kale, oranges and carrots, this juice is packed with nutrients and folate (it contains approximately 240 mcg of folate per glass, which is more than half an adult’s daily folate requirement). It’s an excellent boost for me too since I am pregnant. Suggested daily folate consumption for adults is 400mcg per day and 600-800mcg or more if you are pregnant, so it’s a great juice for anyone. This juice is also high in cartenoids, vitamin C, potassium, B vitamins, iron and magnesium.
Here is my daughter Grace loving the juice! She specifically wanted to try this one because she wanted a red mustache. Hey that’s a fun way to get your children to drink their juice!
- 2 beets (beetroots)
- 4-6 kale leaves
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 carrot
- Peel orange and lemon for a less tart taste.
- Wash beets and kale and chop all ingredients.
- Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy!
- Beets – red cabbage
- Kale – broccoli, zucchini, lettuce, spinach, chard (silverbeet)
- Orange – red grapefruit, mandarin, apple, pear
- Lemon – lime, yellow grapefruit
- Carrot – sweet potato, pumpkin, winter squash (butternut pumpkin)
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.