Bring on the green! I normally start my day with a big green juice — my favorite is the Morning Green Glory — but sometimes I change it up and decide to place everything I typically throw into a juicer into my blender*. And it is just as delicious! If you’re on a juice only Reboot, then you want to stick with just juice, but if you’re eating on your Reboot too, this is an excellent smoothie to enjoy. But even not on a Reboot, it’s one of my favorite smoothies to drink.
What I love about this smoothie, is it makes 64 ounces at one time (half the recipe if you don’t want that much!). I drink 16 oz./500 ml in the morning, I bring another 16 oz./500 ml for an afternoon snack and then I store the rest in a mason jar to have the next day. It keeps well for a full two days so don’t be afraid to make a lot!
- 6 leaves of kale (Tuscan cabbage)
- 5 leaves of romaine lettuce (cos)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 apples, cored
- 1 frozen banana*
- 2 cups/16 oz (500 ml) water
- Ice cubes
- 2 dates, pitted (optional if you want a sweeter smoothie*
- *Note: I would never put a banana or dates in my juicer, but they are perfect to add with other fruits and veggies in your blender!
- Cut cucumber and celery in half, or even fourths, depending on the power of your blender, and core apples.
- Add water, kale and romaine to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until greens are mixed well with the water.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including a handful of ice, into the blender and blend at least 60 – 90 seconds, until all fruits and veggies are mixed well and form a smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat1 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium65 mg
- Carbohydrates41 g
- Fiber7 g
- Sugars22 g
- Protein 5 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.