Pineapples are looking vibrant and fresh here in Australia as the weather warms up! To celebrate our change of seasons I decided to make a virgin pina colada…and it is certainly delicious. The pineapple offers the benefit of bromelain’s which is an excellent enzyme to aid in the digestion of proteins and has some effect on reducing inflammation in arthritis and injury. After I drank most of this, I decided to add some cinnamon and that worked well too if you feel like spicing it up! ENJOY!
- 1/4 of fresh pineapple (or 1 large handful of frozen pineapple)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 handful of ice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey or 1 date
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth, about 45 – 60 seconds.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with pineapple and enjoy.
- Pineapple – cantaloupe (rockmelon)
- Banana – avocado, strawberries, kiwi
- Coconut milk– almond milk, coconut water
- Honey – maple syrup, 1/8 tsp. stevia
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat25 g
- Saturated Fat22 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium20 mg
- Carbohydrates64 g
- Fiber5 g
- Sugars44 g
- Protein 4 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.