We all have those people in our lives, the ones who are always there to help out, always giving everything they have, both time and money, to help those around them. They are so generous that often times they put themselves last on their list. This holiday season, remind them that they are important too. Give them the gift of self care, a gift that reminds them to take time for themselves because as a Reboot community we know that you are more able to care for others if you care for yourself first.
What better way to give the gift of self care than a homemade bath salt, rich with essential oils and made from epsom salt that will sooth even the toughest of muscles and minds.
These products are not just a beautiful item made with love, but they create an opportunity for that person to slow down and take time out of their day to relax and rejuvenate. Just think, unwrapping a bath salt infused with rich, aromatic essential oils is gifting that person a window of time to disappear and indulge in your gift with a luxurious bath that melts away tension and instils calm.
Follow these steps to wrap up a luxurious bath salt and gift your loved one the gift of self care.
Calming Lavender Bath Salt
- 1 cup (240 g) epsom salt
- 1/2 cup (90 g) baking soda
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Airtight glass jar, 12 oz or larger
- Ribbon or yarn
- Cardstock paper or any thicker paper
- Pen or marker
- In a medium bowl, mix the epsom salt, baking soda and lavender. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the glass jar and seal (double recipe if jar is large).
- Cut a small 3”x3” square of cardstock paper, write the ingredients and quantities of the bath salt recipe. Punch a hole in one corner of the ingredient label and use the string or ribbon to attach the recipe card to the jar. Laminate the recipe card for added durability so they can refill your jar for more relaxing moments!
- Use remaining cardstock to make a personalize card or purchase a holiday card and write a message from the heart. Let that person know how much they mean to you and your hope for how they will use this gift to care for themselves.