I have a thing for coriander (cilantro) and shallots (scallions) in everything at the moment (obsessed maybe?). This is a phase I go in and out of, but since right now I’m in, I decided to add it to this salad. It’s nutrient packed and delicious! Coriander is very beneficial as a detoxification herb due to its proven ability to eliminate heavy metals and other toxic metabolites from the body which we all need a bit of a helping hand with. ENJOY!
- 2 cups of red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 kale leaves, finely sliced
- 1 cup of bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots (scallions), chopped roughly
- 2 – 4 small chilli’s (optional – depending on your tolerance), chopped
- 1 large handful of coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of silvered almonds
- 1/4 cup of pepitas
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup oextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
1.) Lightly toast almonds and pepitas (optional).
2.) Prepare salad ingredients.
3.) Add all the salad ingredients into a bowl.
4.) Combine dressing ingredients – dress as you like (you may want more or less dressing)
- Red cabbage – White cabbage, spinach, kale
- Kale – White cabbage, spinach
- Bean sprouts – shredded radish
- Carrot – beets, purple carrot
- Shallots (scallions) – white onions
- Almonds – cashews, peanuts, macadamias
- Pepitas – sunflower, hempseeds
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.