Looking for a comfort food that won’t leave you feeling heavy and full of regret? Mashed cauliflower is a great substitute for mashed potatoes that’s lighter in calories, carbohydrates and full of detox promoting phytonutrients. Don’t let the white color fool you, cauliflower is packed with healthy promoting properties and is a member of the cruciferous vegetable family known for their sulfur compounds that can help with immunity, estrogen balance and liver detoxification. When we encourage you to eat by the rainbow that includes white (besides cauliflower think garlic, onions, jicama, parsnips).
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 420 F (215 C).
- Wash cauliflower and cut into medium sized florets, discard stem.
- Chop garlic.
- Place cauliflower on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes until slightly browned.
- Place roasted cauliflower, garlic, coconut milk, remainder of salt and pepper into blender or food processor and puree.
- Serve and garnish with chives and paprika.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.