Gorgeous produce is what we get at the end of the summer, and yum! This salad is a delicious mix of seasonal produce. It’s light and packed with loads of nutrients. It makes a nice lunch, or even a snack. Try variations like adding chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon, or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil (1 tbsp for the pan and extra to drizzle)
- ½ cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 1 heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1/3 avocado, cubed
- 1 sprig fresh basil for garnish
- Dash salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pan, warm 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat, or until the mushrooms begin to give up their water.
- Meanwhile, add all other ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add the sautéed mushrooms to the bowl and toss. Drizzle with olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.