Pizza is one of the most popular meals to enjoy around the world. While it’s best to treat yourself to this cheesy delight only on certain occasions, there’s other ways to get your pizza fix without the bread and cheese weighing you down. You can still enjoy the pizza flavours while enjoying a healthy alternative by replacing white refined flour bases and the processed toppings with alternatives that are super healthy instead. We have some great Reboot pizza recipes such as our Gluten-Free Quinoa & Cauliflower Veggie Pizza, Purple Cauliflower Pizza, or our Quinoa and Teff Sweet Potato Pizza for you to enjoy! And now we are adding another one to the list! This is a great meal to include on your transition in or out phase for your Reboot.
- 4 large flat (Portobello) mushrooms
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce or passata
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped finely
- ½ red onion, chopped roughly
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 handful of kalamata olives, chopped
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: top with cashew cheese, vegan parmesan, almond cheese or tahini
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash and remove the stems on the mushrooms, chop and set aside.
- Mix the tomato sauce or passata with the garlic, oregano and basil in a bowl and spread out 1 tablespoon of sauce on each mushroom.
- Place the remaining ingredients, including the chopped mushroom stems on each mushroom, except the cheese of your choice and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then add the cheese of your choice and place in the oven for another 5 minutes or serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.