Preparing ahead is the best way to ensure healthy and well balanced meals that are available when you need them. We often think about preparing lunches and dinners ahead of time but forget to do the same with breakfast.
On their own, the oatmeal and smoothie are both well balanced — put them together, and you have a morning meal that’s both well balanced and delicious. Make sure you have adequate storage containers for these delicious breakfast items! My favorite to use are glass mason jars.
- ½ banana
- 1 handful kale
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 8-10 oz almond milk
- 1 tsp cacao nibs for garnish
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- ½ apple, chopped
- 6 almonds, sprinkled
- 2 tsp honey for garnish
- Wash and prepare the ingredients.
- Add the ingredients to the blender and blend on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into the container, garnish with the cacao nibs and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Make the oatmeal by following the instructions on the label and mix chia seeds into the oatmeal while making.
- Spoon the oats into the mason jar and add toppings.
- Seal the lid of the oatmeal and place into the fridge.
- Serve and enjoy the next morning!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.