This salad is vegan, raw, paleo, gluten free, low carb and delicious! Kelp noodles don’t taste like seaweed but instead have a mild flavor that can easily go with an array of seasonings, like this Asian-inspired dish. Kelp noodles contain many amazing nutrients such as fiber, iodine and calcium. Try them as a healthy alternative to regular high-carbohydrate white noodles.
- ¾ cup of peanuts
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of black sesame seeds
- 1 packet of kelp noodles
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro (coriander), chopped
- 3 Tbsp of tamari
- 2 Tbsp of tahini
- 1 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ inch of fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 fresh chili, chopped (optional)
- Toast peanuts and sesame seeds lightly in a pan stirring frequently.
- Soak kelp noodles in water for 15mins then drain.
- Blend the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or a small blender
- Combine the remaining ingredients of the pad thai in a large bowl then dress and serve immediately.
Reserve the dressing until you are ready to serve.
Kelp noodles – zucchini noodles
Prep time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.