Nothing beats a delicious tropical smoothie in the summer heat for breakfast or as a snack. This smoothie is full of antioxidant compounds and fiber. It also offers the very special benefits of papain (papaya) and bromelain (pineapple). These proteolytic enzymes support protein digestion along with supporting tissue repair, cardiovascular support and gut health. If you choose to add a green banana then you will be adding the health benefits of resistant starch. Get more info on the powerful health benefits of pineapples.
- 1/8th of a fresh or frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana (Optional – use a slightly green banana, this adds less of a sweet taste)
- ¼ fresh papaya
- ½ cup of ice
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp of shredded coconut
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- Peel and chop the pineapple, banana and papaya.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend & enjoy!
Pineapple – pear, mango
Banana – plantain, avocado
Papaya – paw paw, strawberries
Coconut milk – Almond milk, coconut water, rice milk or any other preferred non-dairy milk
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.