Looking for a refreshing blend that will fill you up on loads of nutrients and will only take you minutes to prepare? Try this smoothie! Pomegranates contain high levels of flavonoids and polyphenols, potent antioxidants offering protection against heart disease and cancer. Pomegranate juice has shown wonderful results for cardiac patients. In one study, 1 ounce was consumed for 1-3 years by patients with carotid artery stenosis which reduced their blood pressure, arterial plague thickness and LDL cholesterol oxidation so drink up!
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 orange (I used a blood orange of course because I love them so much!)
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water (or Coconut ice – frozen coconut ice cubes)
- 1 large handful of leafy greens (optional)
- Wash leafy greens well.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds. Follow this easy 3-step, no-mess process from the Pomegranate Council.
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth for about 45 – 60 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Pomegranate – red grapes, raspberries
- Orange – blood orange, pink grapefruit
- Coconut water – almond milk or water
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat4 g
- Saturated Fat1 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium280 mg
- Carbohydrates78 g
- Fiber18 g
- Sugars57 g
- Protein 9 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.