Smoothies are a quick and easy breakfast filled with fiber and nutrients, but when it’s cold outside, you may crave something warm in the morning. Enter the warm smoothie. It’s a great way to enjoy a variety of fruits and vegetables while the weather is cool. You can easily simmer ingredients on the stove and then transfer to a blender. This recipe combines pears and warm almond milk with cinnamon, nutmeg and sweet dates for a deliciously thick smoothie.
- 1 pear
- 1 ½ cup of almond milk
- ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1-2 dates (pitted)
- Serve of natural or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds (optional)
- Wash and chop pear into bite-sized pieces.
- In a saucepan add chopped pear, almond milk, cinnamon and nutmeg, simmer over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until pear chunks are soft.
- Add the pear mixture and remaining ingredients into a blender (slightly cooled for a glass blender) and blend.
- Add a little pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon. Serve in a large mug or a heat-safe glass.
Pears – Apple
Almond milk – coconut milk, rice milk or any other preferred non-dairy milk
Dates – 1 tsp of honey, maple syrup, stevia
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.