It’s really important to have a good source of carbohydrates and protein after exercising (within an hour of finishing is optimal) to help muscles rebuild and repair. I also find that properly refueling can also help to amp up benefits of exercise even more, which for some can mean reduced muscle soreness, better definition and toning, and even enhanced weight loss. Go ahead and get your cardio and weight training in, then enjoy this post-workout smoothie recipe.
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (or 3 tbsp hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) frozen blueberries
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 kale leaves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash the kale leaves well.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend on high for 45-60 seconds until smooth.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 20g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.